Today marks 36 weeks of pregnancy bliss! What was once just a tiny blip in our “maybe” radar has now become the very being that keeps me awake at night. Or in this case, the early morning hours 😉 One of the things that’s on my seemingly never-ending to do list in the upcoming days/weeks is packing my hospital bag.
I’ve heard that baby #3 can be a wild card… I wonder what labor & delivery will be like this time. So, I thought it best to put together my list this time around of what’s in Mama’s hospital bag. Although we have a few things left to do in the baby’s room, the house is pretty much set to go–save a good, deep clean in the few weeks to come. Check out my list below–whether you’re a first time Mama or need some fresh inspo’ no matter what number you’re on!
Mama’s Bag: My Top 10
Every Mama needs a great bag. Not for baby or kid stuff–one for those weekend getaways, hauling alllll the things to and from work, or in this case, your hospital stay. Check out this super cute Weekender Bag from Target I recently got to spruce up my style 😉
- Tennis Shoes: when I was in labor with Brooks I did about 99k speed laps around the loop on the maternity floor. Get your sneaks ready for some walkin’.
- Phone Charger: Because, obviously… I was keeping all our fam & my besties in the loop with what’s happening during the day. Bring the extra long cord!
- Comfy lounge pants. With allllll the stretch. You will not find me in tight anything after pushing out a 9 lb watermelon.
- Nursing Tank: If you’re planning on nursing, these tanks are just the best– so soft and provide easy access.
- Nursing Bra: I plan on pumping exclusively with Baby #3 once I’m ready to start the routine. I’ll BF until then, but these nursing bras are the best for hands free pumping. I just cut holes where the shields go through to attach to the valves! A must-have for any Mama planning on pumping. In the past I’ve always pumped in the hospital to get things moving along. These will be in my bag, for sure.
- A cute sweatshirt: like this one from Etsy shop November and Mae. I saw this on another blogger Mamas’s post and I was like, I need to have that… Hospital rooms get chilly, so I might as well look cute while I get warm!
- Slippers because your feet get so chilly. My favorite UGG slippers happen to be on sale right now at Nordstrom’s.
- Toiletry Bag to put in whatever supplies you need to make yourself feel normal & human again. I feel better when I’m showered and have a little makeup on, so that’s what will be in there. Skipping the pads, Tucks, and salts, because they have all that stuff at the hospital for you. In this bag is also my very favorite nipple cream. This time around, I’m most definitely bringing my favorite new hair tool– my Revlon Hot Air Brush. And in case you missed it, you can check out my very first video on Youtube where I review it in full. To say I’m obsessed is an understatement!
- Comfy undies. Now, everyone and every experience is different. After Julia I would never have even considered wearing my own undies. However, with Brooks, I barely had any. So those giant pads still fit comfortably in normal, soft, boyshort undies. Target has a great deal on 5 for $20 on their Auden brand!
- A comfy robe to wear and lounge in. I was gifted one of these Denova Luxury Robes at a meet up for Minnesota Mamas. I am in LOVE with it. My favorite part about it is the tie is sewn into the back–so you never have to worry about losing one end of it. So soft and they have a bunch of cute patterns to choose from.
So there is my top 10 must have items in my hospital bag. I figure, less is more… less unpacking when you get home from the hospital– yes please! The hospitals are so good about providing most things you will absolutely need. So I just plan on packing the things I want to make me feel like me 🙂
Ross has typically packed his own overnight bag. I make sure that he has the nice camera, his phone charger, toiletry bag, a pillow, and of course… snacks! I put a bunch of stuff in a bag so he can grab something whenever he needs it. Stay tuned for my post about what we bring for Baby #3 to the hospital! I am getting so excited to see this tiny human who’s been my little “wombmate” for the last many months. Oh, sweet little one, I can’t wait to hold you on the outside!
This post contains advertisements and by clicking the link, I may receive a commission but at no cost to you. See my full disclosure form HERE