Heading back to School
Sending kids to school is a great time to dive back into routines. Summer is flying and this time of year means spoiling a certain someone who’s going to be with your kids for the next 187 + days. It’s time to find the perfect gift for your kids’ teachers! My cousin text me a while back asking what are some of the best ideas I have to give to teachers, so I took some time to really think about what things I want, but I also considered things I need as well. So this post is for Parents: It’s ok to spoil your kids’ teachers before the school year starts! You may be heading back soon, so here’s the perfect gift guide if you’re buying for your kids’ teachers.
The Perfect Gifts for your Kids’ Teachers
- Gift Cards! Coffee, coffee, and more coffee! Starbucks, Caribou, all the coffee. Keurig cups are also a great idea for the teacher who needs a refill on those long and tested days 😉 Lest you give us another mug, it may crumble to the ground because our desks are already full of mugs & nicknacks. Along with gift cards, I always like to have a stack of thank you cards and blank note cards for sending nice notes to students or parents or other staff members!
- Amazon gift cards are perfect for so many things… books, classroom supplies, and more! We often frequent Amazon for matching shirts for books that we read.
- Target gift cards, obviously… for so many reasons.
- Gift cards to local restaurants near school. Despite what our students believe, we do have lives outside of the school building and enjoy frequenting local watering holes on a Friday after work. Or on the last day of school, we like to sing karaoke to the rooftops!
- Disinfecting Wipes… because, well, so many germs. The kids and I wipe down all the desks once a week, particularly in the winter. SO many hands. Ish!
- Colorful felt tip pens! These are the BEST kind, and usually school only supplies the boring old red, blue, and green. Let’s brighten the kids’ papers with some Flair!
- Speaking of FLAIR… stock up your kids’ teachers with some stickers! Even my middle school kids love a good sticker for a job well done 🙂
- And for an extra special job well done, stock up your teacher’s candy drawer for reward day!
- A giant bag of Chocolate. This one isn’t for the kids. This is for the days when, well, coffee alone just won’t stifle the attitudes and tempers of those adolescents.
- Board games for the classroom! On days when we’re all caught up, it’s nice to have structured activities we can grab and do. For teens, try Tellestrations, Apples to Apples, or Jenga. For the littles, try Connect 4 or Memory Games.
Shopping for supplies? Many places like Target and Walmart create a list of school district’s schools supplies list, so you can shop from your computer and have them delivered to your doorstep! This is great so you don’t end up over purchasing and spending more than the fortune it already costs.
These are just a handful of ideas to find the perfect gift for your kids’ hard working teachers. You can surprise them at the beginning or even throughout the school year. I had a mother once (bless her heart) who would give us a special goody bag near end of trimester because she knew the work load that carries. Her thoughtfulness was so refreshing! I’ve also heard of parents going in on a gift like a Keurig or larger things for the classroom. There is a ton of room for creativity. Do you have any other home run gift ideas for your kids’ teachers? If so, share in the comments below!
This post contains advertisements and by clicking the link, I may receive a commission but at no cost to you. See my full disclosure form HERE