Gift Giving this Graduation Season
Graduation season 2019 is about to commence. Students are graduating high school and being sent off to the real world, and hopefully people are helping equip them with the necessary items needed to survive the exhausting yet exciting college life in front of them. Whether it’s your godchild, relative, or a friend’s child, everyone heading out on their own needs survival stuff. If you’re anything like me, money gets old! So, instead of money this year, here are a few ideas for gifts for grads instead of cash.
Idea List for Grads
- BOSE Soundlink Micro Speaker: Perfect for bringing to the lawn to study or blaring in your dorm room while you get ready for the night!
- Wall Outlet Protector with USB ports: I’m all about keeping my cords in one spot! This Apple Charging Dock would also be a good addition to any dorm room.
- HP Touchscreen Chromebook: Buying a computer doesn’t have to break the bank. College kids just need a portable device to type and write papers; a Chromebook is perfect. They don’t need processing systems or Office programs. Just a Google login and you’re good to go 🙌🏻
- Apple AirPods Wireless Headphones: All the cool kids are wearing them! And what’s even better, you can link your Apple iWatch, too.
- Echo Smart Speaker: Alexa would be such a great replacement for Mom! Need reminders to study for your big final coming up? Or to call Dad on his birthday? She can do it all 😘
For the Tired or Hungry College Kid
- YETI Coffee Mug Rambler: You remember those nights when you were up all night writing your senior capstone paper about Arthurian Literature when it was due the next day, right? Coffee is life.
- Takeya Stainless Steel 32 oz Water Bottle: You know, so you can stay hydrated between
drinkscups of coffee!
- Essential Oil Diffuser: to pump some good smelling stuff in those stale rooms. Wild Orange and Vetiver from DoTerra are known for helping concentration. 🍊
- College Apparel: Is there anything better than living in university attire? I think I lived in a pair of black sweats and a gray sweatshirt for most of the years between 2004 & 2007.
- We all know how poor you are in college. You have very little money and eating on campus sometimes just doesn’t cut it. We all have needs. Additionally, gift cards are a the perfect thing to store away for another day!
- Amazon Gift
- Walmart (if you go to school in the Dakotas a Target is hard to come by!)
- Southwest Airlines
In case you missed it and are looking for other small items to get a recent grad, be sure to check out this post from last Christmas; these ideas would be great to throw in a basket of goodies for your college kids! Check out this link and find the heading under Teens 👍🏼
This post contains advertisements and by clicking the link, I may receive a commission but at no cost to you. See my full disclosure form HERE