New Mamas, pregnant Mamas, or seasoned Mamas have so much on their minds. Which brand of carseat? Should I get the travel stroller? How many times have I peed today? Is that a baby kick or gas? Which pediatrician are we using? Did I schedule all the well-checks and dentist appointments? You get the gist!
The questions are endless; it’s no wonder you’re so very sleepy in those early stages of pregnancy. I usually consider myself a reader of things and a researcher; however, when it came to baby stuff, I turned to my Mama friends. I did not research one single, solitary thing. I took ground level expertise and saved myself the hassle of reading about every single item on the market. Because it’s overwhelming. And guess what? I thought the things I was recommended were wonderful. They have held up through two babies, kept clean, held together, and made it through so many washes and clean-ups.
Because we’re moving out the baby stuff [for the time being] and making room for some of the boy toys we got for Christmas, I want to pinpoint exactly what it was that I’ve loved over the last few years that I couldn’t live without! These are in no particular order, but I would recommend these things to every single Mama out there for the must-have baby and New Mama items.
- Boppy Head & Neck Support is a fabulous way to help baby keep their head supported and round. I was lucky that my kids both came out with round heads, but I did my very best to help keep them that way! They spend a lot of time on their backs, so this helps keep a nice, soft shape. We used this support inside the Ingenuity Bouncer that I also LOVE!
- Avent Natural Bottles are great! Words from the wise… make sure the 3 lines on the inside of the nipple lines up with the marks on the inside of the top, otherwise they will leak! It’s part of the venting system.
- 4moms mamaRoo baby swing… is the Cadillac of baby swings. Want to switch the setting from the couch? You can because it has an app!
- Boppy Nursing Pillow was by far the most comfortable nursing pillow I used. I tried a few other brands and found them to be too rigid and inflexible. It’s important to be comfortable, and this one fit the bill!
- Aden & Anais swaddle blankets are buttery soft and stretchy. They are perfect in so many ways: nursing cover, keeping baby shielded from the sun in the stroller, swaddling babe for naps, and laying on the floor for baby to sprawl out on!
- Fisher Price Rock and Play baby sleeper, I can’t even say enough how much I love this thing! It’s portable, it vibrates, and it’s a great incline for sleeping babes. I loved to use this particularly for naps, so baby could distinguish daytime sleep from nighttime sleep. It also folds nicely for storage.
- Halo Sleepsacks are glorious. I felt safe knowing my babes were tightly swaddled and free from those jumpy reflexes in order to help them catch some sleep.
- Gillian Omalley Nursing Tanks– get as many as you can, in every color. Not only are these oh-so-soft, they are SO very comfortable for the early stages after baby comes. Easy to get up and down with the snaps, and they are longer too, to help keep everything that’s loose, covered 😉
- First Years Sound Machine– is AWESOME. It’s got a little soft light feature, different sounds, and it can be plugged in or battery operated. I love this one and we used it with Brooks, but I would also recommend the one we used with Julia, the Cloud b Sleep Sheep, which she still uses in her room. Cute, soft, and it can velcro to the crib for easy use. Now it just sits atop her dresser, but she asks for me to turn it on each night before bed.
- Solly Baby Wrap is the most wonderful wrap on the planet. I swear on my kids! And I used it with both… so many washes through the laundry, so many outings through winter and summer, and my babes slept peacefully in there through it all. I used it until they were 9-10 months old. The main reason I love this one so much is that it’s not nearly as stretchy as the other brands I’ve tried–I didn’t like that I had to keep adjusting with my other one. This Solly wrap sits SO tight and it’s fashionable, to boot! I would have strangers watching me put it on and asking me where I got it.
- Chicco Keyfit 30 carseat system and stroller have been amazing. It’s held up through both kids, easy to use, and can be used with the single stroller or snapped into the double stroller for toddler & baby use!
- Nose Frida is quite possibly one of the best inventions! It’s seriously the best snot-sucker around. You’ll get your money back the first time your kid gets a cold.
- Fisher Price Baby Tub is awesome. I loved that I could bathe the kids with the tub in the sink and then eventually move it to the tub when they were bigger. I’ve also taken it outside and let them play in it out there in the summertime, too!
- Kickee Pants double-knotted baby hats are SO cute and lightweight! My bald babes needed sun coverage at all times, so these hats were perfect for newborn babes or summertime sun!
- Bamboobies Washable Nursing Pads are amazing. They are soft for those sore nipples post-baby! Washable and I didn’t get any irritation like I did from the disposable ones. Couple it with the most amazing organic Earth Mama Angel Baby Nipple Cream and you’ll feel brand new!
I hope you’ll find some of my favorite baby items helpful! I sure love hearing from other Mamas about what worked for them, so please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions about any other products I used.
Cheers to those happy babies & an even happier Mama!
This post contains advertisements and by clicking the link, I may receive a commission but at no cost to you. See my full disclosure form HERE