According to Forbes “50% of the working population (120 million individuals) work in a small business” and help contribute to our economy in significant ways. Small Business Saturday is upon us and these companies depend on consumers to help keep their businesses flourishing.
A small business can range from any number of things: a company with fewer than 500 employees, a home-based marketing company with one sole owner, or even a direct sales company seller, like a Mama you know. Many of these Mamas are working full time, while also trying to earn extra income selling products many of us already use: makeup like Younique, dish rags and home products like Norwex, energy drinks and nutritious shakes like Shakeology, or even an online wholesale company like Amway. These people are earning a living for their families by selling you products to use in your home.
Small Business Saturday is a fantastic way to shop this holiday season! Here are a few suggestions–both local and across that US, that Band of Mamas loves!
- Beautycounter has many direct-sales reps who would love to support your movement to safer beauty. Shop clean and small! I highly recommend the Balancing Oil & the charcoal cleansing bar!
- Taj Salon & Spa not only has a high end salon & spa with amazingly talented stylists, but a Boutique to visit after your services are over.
- Heights Bakery is a quaint little bakery on Central Ave. in Fridley; don’t be fooled by its outdoor appearance, their bakery items are to die for!
- The Coffee Shop NE has a delicious drink called the Mangler… if you’re looking for a non-alcoholic buzz, try this one with a shot of white chocolate! You can also purchase little souvenir gifts or paintings here, as well.
- Lauriebelle’s located in the small town of Tea, SD, is an incredibly cute, chic, and affordable boutique! Shop online now for some seriously cute new releases!
- Parkway Pizza has several locations in the Minneapolis area, and we frequent the NE location on Johnson St. Try my favorite concoction: regular crust with sausage (their sausage is insanely delicious), banana peppers, and basil. It will change your life!
- Jenson’s & I Appeal in downtown Anoka, MN. Ok. To be honest, I was always jealous of my friends who got to shop here. It’s been a while since I’ve gone in, but it’s the most chic and trendy clothing store around! Be sure to check out all their departments from teens, kids, to women!
- Eagle’s Nest in New Brighton, MN is the best indoor play place for the kids! When it’s cold or raining, take your kids here to burn off some energy!
- Rodney K Press has cute children’s books and some home decor for sale as well!
- Nickel & Suede lightweight leather earrings are seriously my favorite. I get compliments on them all the time! Their earring of the month is only $18 dollars and the perfect gift for any Mama in your life!
If you’re like me, you like to support those around you in any way possible. So if you’re out shopping today, or even from the comfort of your home, consider supporting a small business on this beautiful Saturday! And if you’re feeling extra supportive, share your favorite blog online to the people in your network 😉
Happy shopping, Mamas!
This post contains advertisements and by clicking the link, I may receive a commission but at no cost to you. See my full disclosure form HERE